Sunday, March 3, 2013

"Anything Goes" using Art Impressions Golden Oldies Jump In

There's a story behind today's card.  This is a thank you card for our great friend, John.  He is what is considered a "snowbird", since he lives in Florida in the winter.  Last month he kindly let all three of us stay at his home for 10 days.  He took us everywhere to also look at condos, since my husband would also like to escape the snowy winters.  We will again be visiting Florida this month and will stay with him again, so we are going to send him some gift cards.  Anyways, Seven Springs is the condo community and I thought this card would make him smile.  On to the card.  I used the Art Impressions "Golden Oldies Jump In" stamp.  I've had it on my desk for quite a while and decided to color it up with my copics.  I am entering this card to the "Anything Goes" challenge at Simon Says Stamp.  The random draw winner gets a $50 gift voucher to the store.  For me that would be just a starting point, since there are several new items I just have to have!  I also am submitting this to the "Anything Goes" challenge at One Crazy Stamper.  The challenge runs all month long, so you have plenty of time to enter a card.





The sentiment was done on my computer, so I could customize it.  I also added Glossy Accents to the goggles, so there is a little bit of a glare on the pic.  I did a standard A2 card, but the image is large, so it took up most of the card.



Paper: X-Press It Blending Card, SU Basic Black & Red Riding Hood
Pattern Paper: Basic Grey "Shine On"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Assorted Circle Punches
Glossy Accents
White Gel Pen
Copics:
Skin- E000, E00, E11, E21, R20
Duck- Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17
Bill on Duck, Trunks & Cap- R22, R24, R27, R29
Flippers & Floats- YR02, YR04, YR07, YR09
Swimsuit- B00, B02, B04, B06
Hair- W1, W3, W5
Goggles & Spots on Duck- YG06, YG07, YG09
Shadow- B000, B00, Blender Pen





  

3 comments:

  1. Oh my how fun is this card, love your colouring.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! This is so cute! Totally fun! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card. Enjoy your time away from Winter. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...
I love hearing from you and checking out your blog.