Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Card Using Art Impressions Louvelle On Couch

Hope all you mom's out there are having a Happy Mother's Day.  We are planning to visit my mom in the afternoon.  I got her a climbing Black Eyed Susan plant, since she likes her flowers and made this card to go with.  The card was made for the Art Impression Challenge "Cute As A Button".   I used the AI stamp "Louvelle On Couch".  As soon as I saw her I thought she would be perfect for paper piecing.  The background paper was from the 6x6 pack from Studio Calico called Here & There.  The papers for the couch, pillow and Louvelle's top came from the Fancy Pants - Park Bench collection.  I stamped the couch, pillow & shirt then fussy cut them out.  I stamped Louvelle out a couple of times & pieced together her clothes, head and arm.  The blue piece was embossed using the Darcie embossing folder called Brick Wall.  The sentiment was computer generated and I added some star buttons I had in my stash as well.  She has some bling on her finger and I added Stickles to her earrings and some Glossy Accents to her glasses.  

Here is my card...


 For the inside of my card another computer generated sentiment and the Art Impression stamp Melvin.  With his great smile I thought he went perfectly with the sentiment.  You got to love those Art Impressions stamps! 


Have a great day...

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous paper piecing, love the sofa and pillow. She is such a hoot! I think I had some bell bottoms made in the same fabric as her shirt! Lol The sentiment is so true and perfect for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I can almost hear her talking! Amazing card and adore your paper piecing! Each and every one of the papers you used are just perfect!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Love your card!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a blog. I like your way made cards! I want follow yoyr blog. Sorry, my english is not so good. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card...like those bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card. I love the images..

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...
I love hearing from you and checking out your blog.