Thursday, May 30, 2013

Dutch Dare Challenge #219 - Sketch

The challenge this week at the Dutch Dare is to create a card using a sketch.  The design team was able to pick their digi from our sponsor The Stamping Chef.  The image I am using today is called "Lift Off".  The design team has come up with some great creations using the sketch below, so I hope you will be able to join us this week.



Here is my take on the sketch this week.



The image was colored with my Copics.  It's a little hard to see in the pic, but the little cloud puffs are popped up and I added some Stickles to the stars for some dimension.  I also added Glossy Accents to the window on the rocket.  This sketch is great for using up the different colored papers I have in my scrap bin.  I ran the strips through a Cuttlebug folder to give them a little texture.  The sentiment was computer generated.  It really doesn't show well in the picture, but it the colors are really bright.  I think it works well as a birthday card for a young boy.  Thanks for stopping by and looking forward to seeing what you all have come up  with for this week's challenge.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...
I love hearing from you and checking out your blog.