Thursday, May 16, 2013

Make It Monday - Adding Texture To Stamps

For today's card I am playing along with the Papertrey Ink "Make It Monday #116 - Adding Texture to Stamps".  Betsy Veldman has a video showing how to add texture to stamps by using a comb.  For my card I used the Papertrey Ink Rosie Posie set.  I added texture to the petals only and kept the centers solid.  I used Stampin Up inks Early Expresso, Crumb Cake, So Saffron & More Mustard with the rock n' roll technique to add a little depth to the petals.  The sentiment is from a retired SU set, which was inked around the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I also used the Distress Ink on the ribbon to dirty it up a bit.  



Here is a closer view of the texture using the comb.


 I think this is a very interesting technique to use with solid stamps.  
It really does give them a different look.  
Until next time...





8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! I love the sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your petals are Devine! Great texture with the comb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture & color of your petals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh! This is lovely. It looks so summery. Your textures turned out great! Perfect stamp for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great look for that Rosie Posie bloom! Love the yellow, black and grey color combo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your yellow flowers - so bright and cheerful. The added texture looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combination of techniques - love the way the texture looks with the rock 'n roll. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out wonderful! The texture and color really give the petals depth! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...
I love hearing from you and checking out your blog.