Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Card Using Stampendous Sprinklin Love Bees

I just want to start out by thanking everyone for their wonderful comments.  It's nice to know someone is looking!  Last night as my hubby and brother-in-law were watching an old Vincent Price horror classic, I was taking part in the Seasons Givings Blog Hop.  If you missed it, there were over fifty wonderful bloggers giving away blog candy at each of their sites.  You just needed to leave a comment for a random draw.  There was a lot of great inspiration to go around.  A few of the blogs have closed, but there are still plenty who are taking comments.  If you want to check it out you can click HERE to start at the Paper Crafts Blog.

For today's card I'm feeling the loving, so I used the stamp from Stampendous called "Sprinklin Love Bees".  Unfortunately, I was unable to find a link and it wasn't listed on the Stampendous site, so I think this stamp has been discontinued.  To give my card a little something extra I layered my die cuts and punches.  Using the same size die, I cut out 2 labels eighteen die cuts.  I cut the red one in half and trimmed the edges so it would fit behind the black die cut.  I use this technique when I don't want a wide border that I would get going up to the next size of die.





For the inside of the card I added a pattern paper border and just stamped the hearts in the right hand corner.  I thought the sender could add their own sentiment.


Stamp: Stampendous "Sprinklin Love Bees"
Nestabilites Label Eighteen Dies
Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Stickles for Wings & sprinkles around hearts
Red Brads from my stash
Copics:
Body & Basket: Y13, Y15, Y17, Y19, W1, W3, W5, W7
Hearts: R35, R37, R39
Tongue: R20


1 comment:

  1. Linda, your card is very cute! Thanks for the hint about using the same die and cutting it in half for a smaller border. You just solved an old problem for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...
I love hearing from you and checking out your blog.