Sunday, February 5, 2017

Baptism Card & A Stamp Cleaning Tip

I just have a quick post for a card I made for my niece's new little girl's baptism.  I didn't have any stamps that really fit the bill, but I really didn't want to go out and buy a card either, so I just sorta winged it.  I can't really take credit for the design on this card.  I found it on the internet and I don't know who to give credit to.  I used the same layout design, but instead of stamping the background I used pattern paper.  The frames were die cut using the Papertrey Ink Cover Plate Pretty Frame Die and the flowers were from the PTI set called Bitty Bouquets.  The background paper was from My Mind's Eye Bramble Rose.  The sentiment was typed on my computer along with a sentiment on the inside that I found also on the internet.  Here is my card.


 Before I go I have a tip I picked up on You Tube.  I was watching a video last week with the person cleaning their stamps with what she called The Absorber.  I use stamp cleaner, baby wipes and a stamp cleaning pad from Stampin Up, which still leaves a lot of lint on my clear and rubber stamps, so I was intrigued by this Absorber.  I looked it up on You Tube and there was another stamper showing how it works.  It's basically a shammy you can find in the automotive section of Walmart.  According to the video other brands do not work the same, so I went and picked one up and I must say it is fantastic!  Your stamps are squeaky clean with no lint left behind.  I just keep my damp in a plastic glad container.  You no longer need expensive stamp cleaner for your dye inks.  (I haven't tried it with StazOn Ink, so you might still need cleaner for that).  This is definitely worth the money!


Thanks for stopping by...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...
I love hearing from you and checking out your blog.